August 17 & 18
- 8th GRandJazzFest presented by DTE Foundation. 2-day live jazz festival with 10 bands over the 2-days, FREE face-painting for kids and kids-at-heart, a Family Guitar Tent to learn about and play a guitar, a FREE Raffle for a guitar each day (must be present to win), games and prizes by DTE Foundation and Mobile GR and diverse genres of jazz to enjoy. When: August, 17 at 12pm and August 18 at 1pm. Where: Rosa Parks Circle. Entry: FREE. For more information.
- The Epic Sale 2019 at Urban Exchange. Join Urban Exchange for a weekend of killer deals in one of Grand Rapids’ most walkable neighborhoods, East Fulton Business District. When: August, 17 from 8am-6pm. Where: Urban Exchange. Entry: FREE. For more information.
- Wagon Rides through the orchards/Pet Adoption Day. Join for a wagon ride through the orchards. Learn about the different types of apples and other fruit that we grow. When: August, 17 from 12pm-2pm. Where: Robinette’s. Entry: $2 per person, 2 & under free. For more information and tickets.
- Pet Extravaganza 2019. We will have exotic pets, farm animals, and puppies! There will be opportunities to learn about different exotic animals, along with fun activities for the entire family! Bring your kids and dogs for a great time. When: August, 18 from 12pm-8pm. Where: Family Friends Veterinary Hospital and Pet Care Center. Entry: FREE. For more information.
- Adult Workshop: Plein Air Urban Landscapes. We are taking GRAM Studio outdoors for plein air pastel drawings. Using the city around the Museum as inspiration, you will get a crash course in perspective and scale as you capture the uniquely human landscape of Grand Rapids. When: August, 18 from 12:30pm-3:30pm. Where: Grand Rapids Art Museum. Entry: $35. For more information and tickets